Monday, January 23, 2012

01/22/12 Arkansas Below Pueblo

01/22/12
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Air Temp 54 degrees

The Frostbite Fish Off happened yesterday which I heard was a great success! The guys from Colorado Skies Outfitters in Parker took 1st with over 400 inches of fish and the biggest fish at 21.5 inches.

I only had a few hours to fish this Sunday so I decided to stick to one spot instead of hoping around.

Fishing was good, especially considering I had a super late start to the day. I headed to Valco looking to get into some bigger fish. I did find bigger fish, but no big guys like the last couple of trips.

My biggest was right at 16 in. Not too shabby for the Ark in Pueblo, but I'm looking for that 21.5 incher that was caught during the tournament!



He took a black poison tung in a size 18.

I ended up catching a total of 12 fish for the afternoon. Not too bad, considering the pressure from the day before. I didn't change my rig all afternoon and took fish on all fly patterns. Up top was a size 16 two bit hooker, followed by a poison tung and finally a black beauty.





The fish at Valco are definitely a little bigger than at the Spillway or at the Water Treatment Plant. I think the next time I'm down there, I might try closer to the dam to see if we can find a 20 incher!

No comments:

Post a Comment