Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Free Fly Rod and Reel...Sort of...

So here's the deal...I have an old broken St. Croix Premier 5 Wt. sitting at home collecting dust. 

I called St. Croix and they said to send it in under the "Gold Star Service Plan" and it will be replaced with a Rio Santo.  Basically, you pay shipping plus $50 and get a new rod.  (Shipping is $10 through Fedex, Return shipping is included)

Details here:  St. Croix Warranty and Service
Since I don't need a new rod, I thought I would pay it forward and offer it up to a new or young fisherman that needs equipment!  Here's the sort of free part...you will need to pay for shipping and the $50 to St. Croix to get the new rod.

To sweeten the deal since you are still incurring some cost, I'm also going to include a used Pfleuger Trion Reel with Cortland 444 Classic 5 WT WF Line and backing as well as a small flybox with some of my go to flies for some local waters and a leader.

Basically, it's everything you will need to get on the water.

To be eligible to win this "package", just post a comment with some details of who's going to use this set up.  Is it your son or daughter in need of some equipment?  Does your wife want to try to fly fish, but the expense of equipment has kept her away?  Do you know someone who has served our country and would like to get into fly fishing?

Please don't comment if you are just wanting this set up as a back up.  I really would like this to go to someone who will use it to learn how to fly fish or someone in need.

I will randomly pick a "winner" at the end of the month.  Don't forget to include an e-mail or some way that I can get in touch with you if you win.

Good Luck!


4 comments:

  1. Andrew,
    I started fly fishing this year, and because of that my son wants to learn! He'll be 8 here pretty soon, and has already found a way to outfish me with spinning gear quite often. It would be cool to be able to get him out and learning another skill.

    Dave P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested, I have four boys and we kinda share the rods, be spin or fly. Thanks
    kottob79@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have recently found that fishing has brought my step kids and I closer. My wife has even bought her own fishing license as the kids have begged her to come with us. They have seen their uncle, who he and I go fishing alot, fly fish, and we would all like to learn. My daughter, and my wife's daughter and son are all under 10.

    Gabe
    gandswalton@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started flyfishing about 2 years ago and got an old Shakespeare rod from a friend of the family. it was an 8 foot rod but is now only 2 foot do to my younger sister breaking it consistently. i am only 15 and dont have a steady job so it is hard for me to get money.i love to fly fish but i dont have a rod to fish with any more. they are so exspensive i cant afford one because of the price. this is the cheapest i have ever seen and would treat it with all the love i can. Thanks for trying to get in to good hands.
    Josh fisherman2015@live.com

    ReplyDelete