Wednesday, April 11, 2012

04/05/12 Clear Creek at Georgetown

04/05/12
Clear Creek at Georgetown
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM

On my way home from the mountains, I figured I'd stop and check out Clear Creek at Georgetown.  The inlet fished incredibly well in the fall and I was hoping that there were still some spawning rainbows up in the creek.

To my disappointment, the flows were super low and it wasn't likely that any fish were able to make it up in to the creek to spawn.

I was able to catch quite a few fish, but nothing of size.  Lots and lots of stocker sized fish willing to hit any fly that was put in their face.  Bead eggs, pheasant tails, copper johns, anything drifting by got a look, of not a taste.



It was a fun hour of non-stop catching, and I even managed a little brookie that took a bead egg.  I fished up from the diversion all the way to the inlet with fish holding in every pool or bend that looked fishy.

Although the fishing was good, if I was going to make a drive up to the mountains, I think hitting the Eagle or the Blue for a chance at bigger fish is a better idea.  However, if I were happened to be skunked up the hill, this would be a great spot to stop and get that skunk off my back!

No comments:

Post a Comment