Monday, April 16, 2012

04/13/12 Blue River Below Green Mountain

04/13/12
Blue River Below Green Mountain
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Flows: 72

Flows are low making wading and sight fishing super easy.  Flows are predicted to remain low as Green Mountain fills...this puts a damper on trying to float the Blue a bunch this year, but luckily fishing here is great at lower flows.


I was able to catch quite a few browns and bows today, all feeding in the riffles.  Hot flies were sparkle wing rs2's in black and flashback WD40's.

I even tied up a few rs2's with a tungsten bead, and without tails and managed a few fish on it as well.


I ended up catching quite a few dink rainbows, surprising since there usually aren't a lot of small fish in the stretch.

After spending a couple hours exploring, I had to head back for a meeting in Vail so I had to cut this trip a little short...but the fishing was great and I expect that it won't change much for the next month or so.  I am hoping the low water doesn't affect the hatches...the green drake hatch is awesome on the Blue and I hope I get a chance to fish it...

No comments:

Post a Comment