Monday, July 9, 2012

07/07/12 Blue River Below Green Mountain

07/07/12
Blue River below Green Mountain
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Flows 420

My last day in the mountains and I was stuck at the house waiting for the carpet and tile installers to come.  Our rental property has been trashed by the previous tenants so new carpet and an upgrade to the bathrooms was in order.

When they finally arrived, I figured I'd get a line wet down at the private stretch even if it was for an hour or two.

When I pulled up to the gate, I was dismayed to see 2 cars setting up with at least 4 fisherman rigging up...I guess even a private stretch will be busy for a holiday weekend! 

I made my way down to the far north of the private stretch and proceeded to try my luck where I've caught many fish before!  Today...nothing.  Not on a copper john, not on a prince, nothing...

The flows were fluctuating a bit before the holiday week, but it should have stabilized by the time I was fishing!  But still nothing...weird...

I made my way back up towards diversion and saw the 4 fisherman pounding the far bank.  Looked like they weren't getting into any fish either.

My luck did change while fishing the diversion.  I managed 3 small brownies.  They might have been small, but they sure beat the skunk!  All 3 took a rubber legged copper john.


I figured I'd better get a picture even though it was a small fish or I wouldn't have any pictures at all!

After picking up these 3, I needed to head back to the house to supervise the installs.  Plus, I would rather to end the day on some fish rather than being potentially frustrated for another couple hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment